If your using Windows XP, do this:
This step involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes
Go to Start » Run and type: regedit
- Click OK.
- On the left side, click to highlight My Computer at the top.
- Go up to File » Export
- Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
Under "Filename" put RegBackup.
- Choose to save it to C:\
- Click save and then go to File » Exit.
Click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Scroll down to #275 and click "Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD" in the left column. Go to File, choose "Save page as" All Files and save regtmcmdrestore.vbs
to your desktop. Double-click on that file to allow the script to run and reboot when done. Since the script modifies certain registry settings your anti-virus package may warn you about it. Ignore the warning and allow it to run.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process and, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application. (If using Windows Vista, be sure to "Run As Administrator")
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- The next screen will ask you to select the drives to scan. Leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Please download ATF Cleaner
by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet
Please download and install SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
- Under the "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences... button.
- Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
- Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
- Close browsers before scanning.
- Scan for tracking cookies.
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
- Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
- Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".