Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"not Accessible. Incorrect Funtion." - Ws 2000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redoak

redoak

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

My volunteer fire company has "Ws 2000" in its computer. I have attempted to backup some files to a CD, but an error message appears:
D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function.

My personal computer has "XP," so I thought the problem could be that the permission to write to the CD burner needed to be activated. However, when I used My Computer>right click CD drive> Properties, the dialog box is not the same as in "XP" and no similar "Recording" tab appears. The tabs are only "General, Hardware and Sharing."

I would appreciated you help in resolving this problem so I can write to the CD burner.

Thanks, {redoak}
I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

windows 2000 has no built in cd burning engine like windows xp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=345675

deep burner should work

google imgburn or burnnn? also
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 redoak

redoak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

Many thanks! I didn't anticipate being given that info re the dated "2000" system.

I will look into the references you provided.
Presumably, other "3rd party" burning programs would also work; e.g., NERO. Yes?

{redoak}
I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

nero is one of my favorites, the older 5.5 wouldn't see newer burners

nero 6 was probably their better software, didn't like 7 and 8 is too bloated

the builtin burn function for windows xp was a mistake, used the wrong engine and implemented it poorly

I turn it off when I can remember
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users