Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Private Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rayal49

Rayal49

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:51 AM

HI, Sometime ago I made some files private .At the time a dialogue box asked "Do I want to set a password"I selected NO.I thought being the account holder that I would still be able to access files, they would only be disabled to others.Alas this is not so , when I try to access these files I get a message" xxxxxaccess is denied".Is there any way I can gain access to these file?
Any help Thanks

Rayal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

You can try taking ownership of the files, I'm not real sure if that will do it, but HERE is a link telling you how to take ownership. You might have to do this in "Safe" mode... Good luck and let us know if it works or not.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Rayal49

Rayal49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:17 PM

Wildabeast,
Thanks for the advice ,taking ownership worked and I can now access files.

Rayal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users