Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Changes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dave.raf

dave.raf

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

I'm after a program that can identify what changes installing programs makes to the registry. One that could tell me which values/keys have been made an the like!

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 El_Tel

El_Tel

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:08 AM

Hi

If you use " Total Uninstall " to install your program, it will make a snap shot of before and afterwards; with the option to save ( Import ) to a .txt file which will automatically go to the your install the program in.
:thumbsup:
Posted Image

Tarrah then... Why not check my Intro

Many Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day...

#3 grap6b

grap6b

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:29 PM

you can use Eusing Free Registry Cleaner. This program will detect registry changes for you along with it fixes registry errors either by deleting or changing its value.

Edited by grap6b, 07 March 2008 - 11:30 PM.

#4 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:53 AM

grap6b at Bleeping Computer we highly discorage the use of registry cleaners. This is because if the user is inexperienced with using them they could cause potential damage to your system.

El_Tel's suggestion is a little more practical for users who don't know what they are doing with registry cleaners.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#5 esmailp

esmailp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

Dear Dave.raf,

I do know of any specific programs which will tell you about the changes you made to the registry.
But some of the security programs like "McAfee Security Center" running on your system may warn you about the registry change you are about to make while installing the new application.

You may also check out the link below:

http://www.softdd.com/disk-registry/index.htm

Hope this will help

Regards

EP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users