Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing "movies" In Ie7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JoelMc

JoelMc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

Runnig IE7 and XP Home w/ SP2. If someone sends me an email having a "click on" for a website which has a SWF file or a website (like Nat'l Weather Service) which has an MPEG file, I am unable to download and view it. Comes up with a blank page and at the bottom, it says "done".

Have made every change I can find under Internet options, turned off Zone Alarm FW, turned off popup blocking, and even my antivirus. Have the same basic setup at work and have no problems.

Anyone have a clue? Not critical, just a pain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:42 AM

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/

most of mine work after installing this addon
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 JoelMc

JoelMc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

Chewy,

Appreciate the effort, but still unable to play "swf" and online "mpeg" movies. I downloaded the Adobe file, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It's like it wasn't really there.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:51 PM

Is the shockwave flash object not loading as an addon with IE? tools manage addons

what's associated with mpegs, hopefully not viewpoint
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users