Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.Trojan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 starsdong

starsdong

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:41 PM

Hi, All
When I click any of the icons on the desktop, it will pop up a window of symantec antivirus notification:

Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: Backdoor.Trojan
File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\sqlakm.dll
Computer: XINDONG
User: xin
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied
Date found: Mon Jul 19 19:37:41 2004

But I cannot find this file later in that directory. And I used the deep scan, could not either. The program can be started although this happened.
How to deal with it?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:03 PM

Run a online virus scanner like:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/

#3 Nosgoth

Nosgoth

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:59 PM

I also am dealing with a Backdoor.trojan. msljld.dll

This one is a pain.

Norton autodetects the virus, located in WINNT\System32\msljld.dll, but of course a process is using it so you cant navigate to the DIR and delete it. (stopping all possible processes doesnt help either)

Booting in safemode, and running virusscan doesnt even find the file, i navigate to the folder it was in (WINNT\system32) and its not there.

Lol, in safe mode the file is not in the directory, only upon normal boot does it show in the folder, doing a search for the file also turns up nothing.

Im gonna try that above online scan tool, i suppose ill have to boot safemode with network support....but it isnt there when i do that....and if i go there normally the file is being used by a process..so they shouldnt be able to access it.... :thumbsup:

Any input would be great, im stummped, ill reply if that online VS helps.

edit: also no obvious references in the registry

Edited by Nosgoth, 22 July 2004 - 01:01 PM.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2004 - 02:37 PM

Nosgoth,

Create a new topic in the Antivirus products and protection methods forum with your problem and I will explain how to get rid of this. It will be the same instructions for both of you but its easier to work on two people's problems from two seperate topics.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2004 - 02:38 PM

starsdong,

Please download and extract the file from the attached zip file. Run the vbs file and paste the output into a new reply to this topic.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users