Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Style Street Basketball Game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

I've been playing this game called Freestyle Street Basketball (or FSSB for short), and it is so addicting! In the game you can play either 1vs1 2vs2 or 3vs3 basketball games! You play with real other people which makes it more fun. Now, don't let the name fool you into thinking its one of those lame gangster type basketball things, because its not. Good basketball fundamentals and teamwork are the key to winning.

My favorite part of the game is the fact that your character grows and develops! You start at level 1 and can level up to 45! Each time you level, it increases your attributes. You can unlock new types of skills such as passes, setting a screen, boxing out, and some fancy cool things when you become a higher level. Also, there is an item shop in the game that lets you buy new clothing and things to make your character look better, and some increase your attributes.

An interesting part of the game is that I heard it was made by Devry University. You might have seen commercials from the college saying how you could create the next great videogame.

The graphics in the game aren't that great, but I think its one of those games that wouldn't be as fun if it had good graphics.

A bad thing about the game is it has some lag issues. Theres only one server, but not many people play the game. I think the problem is the server's probably very far away from me, so my ping is usually not very good.

So if you are interested, check out the game here http://freestyle.sierraonline.com/ . Oh, and by the way, I'm not an advertiser from the game company, I jsut think this game is really fun.

If you want to play with me or ask me a question feel free to message abck in this psot or message me on xfire. My name on xfire is gnerstil
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

Sounds actually interesting, I like the idea of the advancements in level and customization it has. Although I don't really like BasketBall at all.

I realized that it's similar to a game I've been watching as it's being developed Football Superstars (As in Soccer)

I believe it's kinda' similar in the style. I wish with Fifa Soccer 08 they'd have done something as that basketball game is. Since Fifa 08 has a "Pro" mode where you play onlin with other people ( 5 on each team ) and take control of 1 player on the field.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:21 AM

Kool! The graphics are fairly good, I would say they would work with a 32Mb nVidia 3D TNT2 at least.

Also, just something, take a look at this Posted Image image of the game. I think the guy holding the basketball would be a bit hot in that jacket :thumbsup:

Edited by david28, 15 March 2008 - 01:27 AM.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

Wow that game looks pretty cool protozero, but I'm opposite of you, I like basketball but I'm not a big fan of soccer. I think games are more fun when you can accomplish stuff like leveling up and becoming better, and earning points to get cool items.

Haha, that screenshot looks better then the actual game graphics, but not a big difference. Also, they came out with a new patch yesterday that has an outfit that is a suit and tie, lol. That would be uncomfortable to wear while playing basketball :thumbsup: .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users