Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fooool.exe Keeps Coming Back

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wassim

Wassim

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:09 PM

my USB keeps geting infected ith fooool.exe i use the Flash_disinfector provided by you guys but it keeps geting infected, i scanned with Superantispyware and it didn;t find it though it is there, i tried avast and it didnt find it too.

Any tool to remove it?

I can see Fooool.exe when i run a Live Linux ditrubution and chek what's on my USB stick, anyways i know it is there because my USB stick keeps geting infected and when i open its Autorun.inf the open command refers to fooool.exe .

Help plz!!
"Stuffy Hall Admin of the Typing Skills Enhancing School Program"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wassim

Wassim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

I did a quick search and it seems that fooool.exe is related to explorer.exe that i posted about earlier that some anti viruses were locating it as a virus and i thought back than that they are detecting the legitimate one.

anyways i still need help on how to remove this infection.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:02 AM

Try this download Flash Disinfector by sUBs and save it to your desktop.

Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it. Follow any prompts that may appear.
Your desktop will vanish for a while, and then reappear. This is normal.
Wait until the program has finished scanning, then please exit the program.
Restart your computer and see if problem still persists.

Remember to disable any AV / ScriptBlockers as they might detect Flash Disinfector to be malicious and block it.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Wassim

Wassim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:20 AM

boopme i already mentioned that i am already using flash disinefctor but each time after it disinfect my USB if i remove than plug in again the problem appears again so i have to use flash disinfector again. practically i use flash dinfector each time i plug my USB into my PC and thats normal it means the cause of the infection is still there.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:55 AM

Did you plug in your usb stick when you ran Flash_Disinfector.exe? If not, you need to do so then rerun it to take care of the autorun.ini issue.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode With Command Prompt" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode With Command Prompt".

Go to Start > Run and type: cmd
  • press Ok.
  • At the command prompt, type in your primay drive location, usually C:
  • You may need to change the directory. If so type: cd \
  • Hit Enter.
  • Type: attrib Fooool.* -s -h -r -a
  • Hit Enter.
  • Type: dir /s Fooool.exe
  • Hit Enter.
  • If the file is present, type: del Fooool.exe
  • Hit Enter.
  • Repeat the above commands for each drive on your computer.
  • Exit the command prompt and reboot normally.
When done, check for and remove any Startup RUN values by downloading and using Autoruns.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users