Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Warning - Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maxmax

maxmax

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:14 PM

The browser warning page comes up when I try to go on the Internet and I cannot get rid of it. This has happened before and I had to reload the internet access.
Is there another way of getting rid of this browser warning...it states that it can scan the sites I go into and then threatens to tell my family and friends unless you buy their software - not a chance!

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

Read the information

HERE:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Prior to posting a HJT log, we ask that you please read and
follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled
Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log.
Following the steps in this Guide will allow the HJT Team
to quickly help you with specific fixes for what may
remain on your system.

Please complete all the steps in the Guide.
If you have performed some of them already, then
just continue with the next. If you can't perform a step,
then skip it and continue with the next. The last step will
include downloading and using the most current version of
HijackThis if the first line of your log does not appear as follows:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Please note that it is important that HijackThis be run and a log created while in normal mode. If you run it and create your log while in safe mode, you will be asked to redo it again properly. When you have completed those steps, start a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum as directed in the Guide to post a new log.

The log should be posted in

HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Please DO NOT post your log to this topic, or post a log in the wrong forum.

Once that is done, a Member of the HJT Team will analyze your log and assist you with step by step instructions to clean your computer or otherwise advise what needs to be done.

Please be patient while you wait for a reply, the malware removal team is very busy and they will get to your log as soon as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation and good luck.
The BC Staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users