Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Three Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tinaf

tinaf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:50 PM

Good Afternoon all!

I ended up on this site after running HijackThis for the 1st time and clicking the AnalyzeThis button. For the past 2-3 weeks I've been having some issues, all seem to be internet and/or network related. I'll do my best to describe:

1. Using Microsoft Outlook, I can receive mail; however, after composing a message I hit send and everything appears to work fine - it goes to the sent folder and I don't get a bounce back - but the message never arrives to the recipient - not even to their junk folders. I can send a test message from the Outlook set up so I've confirmed that Outlook can connect to both the POP3 and SMTP servers. I primarily use Outlook for my business email and the address is my own domain name. If I go to web mail I can send emails just fine and they get to the intended recipients... even from my 'troubled' computer.

2. I use Yahoo Mail for my personal emailing and months ago I upgraded to their new mail browser. Lately, when I open Yahoo Mail I get the following message: "Yahoo! Mail experienced a login error: Login error: name: Error message: Automation server can't create object number:-2146827859 description:Automation server can't create object." So, I hit the ok button and I'm prompted to load Yahoo's mail classic - which works fine. If I go to the newer version of Yahoo Mail from any other computer it works fine.

3. Another web site I use has some special calculators and they don't work on my system. The only error message I get is the little warning on the lower left status bar saying Page Error. I've called the web site tech support and they have not been able to figure out why. I go to any other computer and the calculators work fine.

Item numbers 1 and 2 started at the same time - I'm not sure when item #3 started.

I'm not sure what to send from HijackThis to help you all, but I would sincerely appreciate any assistance you can provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users