Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Driving Lesson Next Week!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zemfik

Zemfik

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

I have my first driving lesson next Tuesday.

I'm really happy, but at the same time i'm really nervous, a few of my mates said it's no biggie and you get into it really quickly.

Another reason i'm really looking forward to this is because i get to learn in a mini.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

Congratulations on getting behind the wheel of a car.
My advice-remember that the person next to you is thinking
"Those trees/posts/etc. seem to be real close to the edge of the road
when someone else (in this case a beginning driver) is driving this car".
And: You may not see it, but the person next to you also has an imaginary
brake which he/she will use a lot.

Seriously, do only as much as you are comfortable doing.
You can't learn it all in an hour or two. Just like anything else, you
have to go one step at a time. Eventually it will all come together as
you gain more experience and confidence.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,718 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

It is better to control the direction of the car than it is to go fast. Practice manuevers in an empty lot whenever possible. Speed can come later. If someone behind you thinks you aren't going fast enough, rather than speed up, pull over if possible and let them pass.

Some people do take to driving quite easily, but others don't. I took driver's ed. in high school, but I was 32 when I finally got my license.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 JacksonT

JacksonT

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

Remember to always be aware of what is going on around you

#5 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:02 PM

I Hate You!

I always wanted to drive a mini :thumbsup: My driving school had me using an old honda accord from the 90s

Well good luck and don't hit anything :flowers:

BTW You learning stick or automatic?

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:55 PM

I just got my learners permit last week! I'm not that great of a driver though. Well, hope you do well on your test!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Keep 2 hands on the wheel, even when reversing. Good luck have fun and PAY attention too whats's around you always.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

Pay attention! I wrecked my folks car when I was 17 by not paying attention!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 Garric

Garric

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:20 PM

While driving can be easy and a lot of people do learn it rather quickly, try not to be overconfident. Overconfidence is one of the main causal factors of accidents with young drivers. Such things as: "This driveway is icy but i am a good enough driver to back out," can get you in a lot of trouble. Remember that you are still a young driver and stick to the rules of the road. When you accept the fact that you don't have a lot of experience you will be a much more cautious and better driver. Don't do what i did and land your mom's minivan in the ditch...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users