Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help with OUTLOOK 2002

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alexgtp

alexgtp

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:10 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently using OUTLOOK 2002 to view my SBC.yahoo account

I am using a POP and SMTP settings. (yes they are set correctly)

Here is the problem.

I am receving a certain e-mail from my boss over and over every minute the same exact e-mail when using OUTLOOK to view my mail.

When I go to the yahoo mail website to view my e-mail from there I only have the e-mail in there once.

Why does it keep comind back to me every minute( i have it set to poll the yshoo server every minute) or i refresh when using OUTLOOK?

I have updated to Service Pack 3 and this has not solved the problem this included all the fixes for OUtlook.

Am I missing a setting somehwere that is re-sending this particular e-mail over and over again?

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:22 PM

I'm offering this suggestion from memory so bear with me.
Most mail clients such as Outlook have a setting to "leave mail on server"
Try: Tools - Accounts - Properties - Advanced - look for that setting ^^^
If that doesn't solve it you should save the email to your computer and delete it off the Yahoo server.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#3 alexgtp

alexgtp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:30 AM

RAw thanks. NOw my boss is having the same problem receiving an email 600 times.. From the same person. When using his outlook. But when using the web based yahoo he only has it once...

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:07 PM

It could be a corrupt mailbox on the pop3 server. This can happen at times. You may want to call your isp and see if they can delete the offending email. Or you can try to do it via webmail. If that doesnt work, delete all the mail via webmail and see if it s fixed then

#5 alexgtp

alexgtp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:46 PM

Grinler.. Right on the DOT!!

I figured it had to be a corrupt e-mail.
The e-mail was deleted via the webmail and the problem was solved.. Thanks for the input guys..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users