Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Get Email To Send/receive On New Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bpierce

bpierce

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

Please help. I have tried everything I can think of. I have a new workstation (hp xw4400) w/ Windows XP on it for an employee and when trying to set up his email account through Express or Outlook 2007 it will not send or receive email. I get the Server has unexpectedly terminated the connection......Error 0x800CCCOF message. I have tried everything I can think of. I loaded my info and can't get mine to work either. We are on a POP server and the ISP provider says the email makes it to the server, it is just not making it to the computer. His email works fine on his old computer (he is still using it due to this crap). There is no virus protection on it yet and the firewall is not on. I have tried reloading everything several times. I tried to reinstall XP but when I boot from the disc it starts to install then says it can't find a hard drive (sorry forgot the exact error) but the hard drive is there and I am able to get to the internet and connect to our server without problem. Does anyone have any idea where I can go from here besides crazy. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

0x800CCC0F

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account. yourmail.com (or .net), Server: 'server_name', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Your antivirus program is conflicting with your email program which is preventing your email from being downloaded.

You mention that you have no antivirus on the computer so that obviously is not the problem. There is something else you can try.

FOR OUTLOOK EXPRESS:
1. At Tools menu, choose Accounts
2. Choose Mail tab.
3. Either double click on your Account name, or highlight it and click on Properties.
4. Choose Servers.
5. Click My Server Requires Authentication.
6. Choose OK to complete.

For Outlook, it should be something similar. I'm not familiar with Outllook, so you'll have to root around for it OR someone may post the info here.

Send an email to yourself, see if you can send it then receive.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 February 2008 - 03:05 PM.

#3 bpierce

bpierce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

Thanks but did that a while back and it didn't help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users