Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sooo Many Problems And Nothing Is Fixing The Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 emopants92

emopants92

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:37 PM

im not enitrly sure of what it is yet ive tryed about 8 to 10 different instructions on how to get rid of that icon in the tray with a red dot with a white X accross. i keep getting the balloon every 1 to 2 min saying your computer is infected! windows has detected spyware infrection! ... blah blah recomendes blah blah you know how its installs fake anti spyware and crap but yes majority of instructions calles for avg anti virus and hijackthis to install and run well when i try this i install like the instructions say and the instructions say start the avg and run the scan and then later use the hijackthis .SEE this is where the problem is everytime i try to start the program i cant it just trys to load then nothing niether avg or hijackthis will load ? any way to get them to work or to get rid of this crap? (also i have unstalled and reinstalled both programs quiet a few times and same result and have tryed starting them in safe mode and still same problem) i also have a FAKE windows update icon and help and support center icon on my desktop and i dont want to click it because i can see it has a shortcut to the internet then some website ALSO i have a balloon with a red dot and white X saying "a critical error could occur ***STOP: 0x000007B (0xF20184, 0x00000, 0xCC0034)**** Inaccessible handler or device. Click balloon to fis the problem" , obvously a fake random code to scare me but how to i get rid of the balloon and the fake windows icon (i have tried deleting the icons and new ones *magicaly* appear on my desktop lol ok well im running XP on a DELL and i have used the smitfraud.exe program a good 12 times and followed online instructions about the same problem but still havent been fixed i have tried to download hijackthis and avg and go figure they wont START!!!! i have trend-micro anti spyware and ad-aware and they find the problem i think but never deletes it even thou it says it does.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:19 AM

Hello emopants92 and welcome to BC :flowers:

What made you decide to run smitfraud.exe? If you were following a guide, please provide the link to that guide.
-----------------
-----------------
Please be more careful when writing. Use paragraphs and organize the content. Use standard grammar, punctuation, capitalization. It is very hard to read the way you have written it, and important information gets lost in the muddle. I didn't even see what your operating system was until the 10th time I read the post.

When posting, please use proper grammar . . . Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.

From the Board Rules

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 emopants92

emopants92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:09 PM

hi ok sorry well i searched on google for "Your computer is infected balloon" and the first few links are tutorials on how to remove it and they all say use smitfraud.exe , below will be a picture of a screenshot of what the balloon is saying and looking like (quick note i DO NOT have vista it is just a conversion pack : ) ok well the main thing i want to do is to get hijackthis to work so i can post my log, would my log from my smitfraud.exe help just wondering?( link for pic if it isnt working below http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/7210/ba...eenshootku8.jpg ) thankz for the help

Edited by emopants92, 29 February 2008 - 08:29 PM.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,720 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:28 AM

Hello emopants92,

Try renaming HiJack This to something else such as BunnyRabbit. If it still doesn't run, change the extension from exe to bat.

Please be sure that you are not running it from a temporary folder. You can read the directions for proper installation in step 9 of this guide. If you are successful in creating the log, create a new topic in this forum, not here and give it a good descriptive title. Briefly summarize what the problems are, what you have done to try to solve it, and what worked and didn't work and paste in your HJT log.

When you have created the new topic, please add a reply to this thread with the link to your topic so we know the HJT team is helping you.

After you post your log, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.

Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.

If you are unsuccessful in creating the log, let us know. I have another trick or two up my sleeve.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 emopants92

emopants92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

ok i tried what you said and the hijackthis didnt load and i tried renaming it and it still doesnt work i noticed that when i installed it all it did was exit and it never launched?!?! even thou its supposed to launch after setup also it wont let me change the extension name either

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,720 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:33 PM

Okay emopants92,

Here's my other trick, courtesy of quietman7, for getting an HJT log:

Download and install WinPatrol.
  • During installation, it will create "Scotty the dog" icon in your system tray.
  • Right click on the icon and choose Options.
  • Under the Options tab click on Hijack Log.
  • WinPatrol will scan your system and create a hijackthis log for you.
  • When the scan is complete, notepad will open with a file named HijackPatrol.log
  • Save the log file to your desktop and copy/paste the contents into a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
  • Exit WinPatrol when done and let us know if you were successful.

Orange Blossom

#7 emopants92

emopants92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

omg THANK YOU ORANGE BLOSSOM!!! it worked i will be posting my log in about 10 seconds THANKZ SOOOOO MUCH! :thumbsup:

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,720 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

Great. I'm glad it worked emopants92. Just be sure to post the HJT log in the proper forum. I posted the link in post #4.

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users