Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Cd Recording Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

I've used Nero, WMP, and iTunes to burn audio CDs from my library of MP3 and M4p (iTunes) files. They always skip and stutter, more or less, depending on the player. The skips are not necessarily always in the same spot. I tried burning at slower speeds, but at 2x they still skip. The data and MP3 CDs seem to work okay. I've never had trouble copying DVD movies, but haven't done that in a while. I have tried 2 different brands of CD-Rs. I learned the hard way not to use any other resources while burning CDs. The drive has had an easy life and is dust-free, which was my first thought.
Maybe the drive is shot, I'd like to know what other BC members think about it. Is there anything I should especially look for, or avoid, if I buy a new one? For my light use, I would prefer to get an inexpensive internal drive.
The computer is an emachines, AMD Athlon 64, 1Gb RAM, and the CD/DVD is a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 RknRusty

RknRusty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:52 PM

Well darn, I thought this was going to be a quick and easy one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users