Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway Laptop Running Vista Home Premium Wont Boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 S1L3N7_SWAT

S1L3N7_SWAT

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:22 PM

Hi, I'm working on my brothers laptop, its a Gateway ML6720. Anyway, this computer is like 3 months old and worked fine until now. When I turn it on it shows the loading bar, but when that's done it just goes to a black screen and stays. It will not boot completely. I've tried starting it in safe mode and repair mode but it still just freezes at a certain point. I don't know what he did to it prior to this happening, probably nothing but there's no good reason why it shouldn't boot. If someone could please help it would be great. Thanks.

Please help!!!

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core T2310 1.46 GHz

Edited by S1L3N7_SWAT, 27 February 2008 - 09:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 S1L3N7_SWAT

S1L3N7_SWAT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:55 PM

Anybody??????????????

#3 S1L3N7_SWAT

S1L3N7_SWAT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

removed

Edited by S1L3N7_SWAT, 27 February 2008 - 09:20 PM.

#4 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:56 AM

I have the exact same problem. See my thread here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134202/cannot-logon/

Is the account that you're trying to logon to a standard account or Admin account? If it's standard, then change it to an admin account by logging into a profile with admin privileges and going into Control Panel. Then try logging on again.

I have a feeling this is a new bug that a recent Windows Update had caused as I've done some googling and other threads showing this problem have posted about it within the last month or so.

Let me know if you solve this problem....good luck. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users