Let's see if we can sort this out for you then.Step 1
Follow the instructions in this link:How To Remove The Smitfraud / Generic Zlob
To run SmitFraudFix on Vista:
(not the .cmd from the .zip archive) by Right Clickin', Run As AdminStep 2
Free for Home Users
Do Not do a scan yet.
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
- Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
- Click the Scanning Control tab.
- Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):[list]
- Close browsers before scanning.
- Scan for tracking cookies.
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
- Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Now close down SuperAntiSpyware.
Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode
by doing the following :
* Restart your computer
* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, (you will have to use the 'arrow' keys to navigate on this window) then press "Enter
* Choose your usual account.
Scan with SuperAntiSpyware
Click the desktop icon.......when it starts, under "Scan for Harmful Software
" click Scan your computer
- On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
- On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
- Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
See if this helps, if not.... come back and we'll try something else.
Edited by Starbuck, 28 February 2008 - 06:13 AM.