Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Destructive Rebuild

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 newbie666

newbie666

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hello everyone. I only have one simple question really. I have a prob with slow page loading times, when browsing the web. I have tried absolutly everything. Have ran all virus and spyware software and none have found any virus's. Im told by my friend if it was a really bad virus it could boot in so early that the software would not detect it. Have opened a comand prompt and done scan sfc/now, but it finds nothing. Have had a few issues with my isp (not having net for day or 2)
so would hope its just them, however i have a playstation 3 and that seems fine when on line so am thinking it must be my computer. Its nearly brand new so its certainly not cos the drive is full. As a last resort iv'e done a complete destructive rebuild. Even that has'nt worked......

So know you know the back ground here's the question, seeing as iv'e done a destructive rebuild (which im told sets the computer back to factory settings) if i take it back to pc world, will they then be able to see a list of files that i have downloaded from p2p networks?(from the registry) or will the destructive rebuild have gotton rid of everything.

Just worried about my privacy and maybe the odd song here and there. Oh and one other thing since doing destructive rebuild, have the done but with errors txt.

I have a phillips desktop intel core 2 cant remember all the stats but my computer literate mates are all impresed so it must be good. (good enough not to be so bloody slow) i have vista and i use internet explorer. Hope that helps.

thanks in advance

Edited by newbie666, 27 February 2008 - 06:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users