Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Costant Blue Screen On New Dell...saga Explained

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stragf

stragf

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Vista Home Premium. The computer was an "open box special"
I started to migrate the data and settings over, and shortly threreafter got the BSOD. Sometimes it says Driver_IRQl and other times Driver_power_state.
I called dell, and all hardware checks out. I did Dell's crash analysis, and got a "vsdatant.sys" driver conflict with my Zone Alarm anti-virus. I have reinstalled it three times, and EVERYTIME I try to do a virus scan, I was getting the BSOD, so I dumped it. I have dumped zone alarm anti virus

Here is where it get's fun. I descided to do a chkdsk /F. WHen I do that a blue software screen pops up that says :

In the top bar of the following software box, the path reads:

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

Trojan-Spy.HTML smitfraud. Killer
by noahdfear
Version 3.2

This tool was tailored to remove smitfraud.c and variants
If you do not trust this source, close this window.
noahdfear does to assume any liability
for damage or loss from running this tool
Use at your own risk

Press any key to continue.

I must have somehow transferred this over? Is this the Virus? I have run Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Spybot.
Nothing.
How do I get this out of CHKDSC??
I am LOST HERE! Thanks.

Edited by stragf, 27 February 2008 - 03:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users