Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trouble Downloading From Download.com

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yeto

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:01 AM

When i try to download a file from download.com with Star Downloader or any number of other download managers the software downloads the URL or link instead of the actual software file.

I can download the file with IE's download software but it times out when downloading large files (I am on dialup).

It seems like I always have trouble downloading from download.com--but somehow--filehippo seems to work (I can't figure out why this happens)

Can anybody offer any advice as to what I am doing wrong and are there any other good sites to download trail software from?

Thanks in advance for any help,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:58 AM

Hi yeto, welcome to BC.
In the lower left hand corner of download.com's website, click "Help Center" then click "downloading problems and Help". Your answer is there. (no dl managers allowed) :thumbsup:

Left a few sites below. Don't use dl managers myself and don't know if any of them prohibit thier use.
As above, you can usually find that answer in the websites help section.

Freeware Files
Freeware Home
Freeware World Team

Edited by HitSquad, 27 February 2008 - 10:14 AM.

#3 yeto

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I thought I read somewhere that there was a work around--like copying the download link and pasting it into the downlaod manager software. I could be wrong though.

#4 grap6b

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

Then you can choose an alternate method. Using internet explorer in download.com where download link comes, right click your mouse and click on save target as. This will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users