Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blinking Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 parfaitment

parfaitment

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:57 AM

Hi,
I have a problem where my screen just keeps on blinking randomly, all the time.
It is usually when I am running a program, but it seriously blinks every few seconds to 1-2 min or so.
So basically, it is really random.
It blinks different colors at different times, and the blinks last a split second.
A few days ago, my Symantec AntiVirus told me that I had a Trojan Virus and it deleted it then.
So I thought it was going to be okay, but it kept on blinking.
I also ran Ad-Aware 2007 and it found 1 critical object, but I'm not sure if it was related to my problem.

Here is information for my computer.

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Tablet PC Edition 2005
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Gateway
Model No. TB120

I got this tablet just a few weeks ago, so its pretty new.

What should I do?
Is there another program I can run?
or do I have to reformat my computer?

I am somewhat competent at handling PCs, but I'm not that good, so please explain clearly.
Thank you so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:48 AM

Well, it's obvious that the tablet is defective and you should send it to me so I can test it for a year or two! :thumbsup: (just kidding)

Since it's still pretty new, I'd suggest taking it back to where you got it from and seeing if they'll exchange it for a new one or repair it under warranty.

Worst case is that they'd tell you it isn't covered under warranty (usually for software/virus problems) - then we can work on it here.
Best case is that you end up with a new tablet!

Edited by usasma, 27 February 2008 - 08:49 AM.
Brain Cramp :0)

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 parfaitment

parfaitment
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

I read the warranty terms and conditions and they said its not applicable to viruses.
Just to make sure, I called them and they said the same thing.
:thumbsup:
What should I do now?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

A critical error from Adaware is more than likely not a virus. Did it remove the error? Run Symantec again and see if it's clean. Also try a couple of online scans. Use the IE browser, not Mozilla
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Edited by garmanma, 27 February 2008 - 01:20 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

Take it back to them and have them fix it for you under warranty. To do this, they'll have to figure out what's wrong. If it's hardware, they'll fix it.

If they find it's a software issue, then you can either have them fix the software issue (it'll probably cost) or you can thank them and come here for assistance in fixing that.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users