Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello just need a little help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PINGPONG182

PINGPONG182

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:16 PM

My cd burner will only burn a part of the songs I choose to burn, I've tried different burner programs but nothing will work. Can someone please give me some advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:50 PM

how much of the song does it cut off? 10 seconds 20 seconds half a song?

i had a problem a while ago where i burned CDs and it would simply just cut the last 10 seconds off the songs which annoyed me.

But if it doing with every program you have tried i am unsure what that might be, could be the burner. How old is your burner? Are you using WINDOWS XP Home or Pro or another OS?

what programs have you tried? WIndows Media Play, XP Bunrer Pro, Acoustica MP3 CDBurner etc.

have you tried different brand CD-Rs. if you use cheap ones can affect the burn process. you could try named brands like. I don't have problems with TDK or HP CD-Rs. if it is the cd

Edited by Izzy, 13 March 2005 - 10:53 PM.

#3 PINGPONG182

PINGPONG182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:33 PM

I have tried Deep burner, Cheetah Burner, and Windows media player, I use Windows XP. The burner's not that old the computer its only a year old. I have used three different brands of cds : memorex, verbatim, and phillips. I dont know what to do. The computer is an emachines if that makes any difference.

#4 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:43 PM

what do you mean your computer is a emachines - is that the brand of it? i've never heard of it. Hmm. Have you tried Microsoft.com and doing a search on burning cd's using windows xp? it can sometimes help.

#5 jimras

jimras

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:58 PM

I am certainly NOT an expert, but have you tried burning the CD at a slower speed than the maximum that you drive can do?

Sometimes you run into buffer over runs that can give you trouble.

I usually burn my music CDs at 4X and I seem to never have a problem.

When doing data CD's, I just let the program ( I user Nero 5) determine the best speed but seem to get much better results with music by going slower.

#6 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2005 - 04:16 AM

when i burn my Music CDs with acoustic MP3 burner (does MP3 and normal music) it is set at the maximum and i don't get problems except using SONY which i use it at a slower spped and it is fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users