Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lwchapman

lwchapman

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hi all,

Several times now I have tried to install Office 2007 service pack 1. Each time I receive an error msg stating that one of the registry keys needed to install the download is missing. It continues to say that this was probably caused by using one of the registry optimizer/cleaner programs. This is true! I did use RegCure a while back and it caused quite a few problems. So, I deleted it along with the backup that it creates. One of my brighter moments!!!

I am thinking about reinstalling Office 2007 and I have already exported the Personal Folders .pst file to a memory stick. reinstalling shoud create the needed registry key. If I were to do this and then import the .pst file, what are the chances that I would get back all of my contacts, calendar and email data?

My only other option would be to use regedit and manually input the key (which MS gives a step by step - almost). However, I am deathly afraid of making manual changes to the registry. I would almost rather loose my .pst data - almost!

Does anyone have a suggestion or comment?

Grateful in advance - Larry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

Hi Larry, instead of uninstalling office try and run a repair, go to add/remove prograns>office>repair. You already have your .pst file saved so that might solve them problem.
MCP
MSDST

#3 lwchapman

lwchapman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

Hello Monty007,

Thank you for your suggestion. That was one of the first things I tried. Only, I used the install CD and selected the repair option. But, to no avail!

I sure appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Best Regards,
Larry

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

Well Larry if that is the case I would uninstall it reboot then reinstall.
MCP
MSDST

#5 lwchapman

lwchapman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

Hi Monty007,

I am afraid you are right on the money! I was hoping for a work around, but it looks like you are correct and that is just what I will have to do. Hopefully, the .pst file will import without a hitch. . .

Many thanks for your replies and suggestions.

Regards,

Larry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users