Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Some Help Choosing A New Comp (gaming)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lukse

Lukse

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

Hey guys, im looking for pretty much a gaming PC, only going to really buy the tower, and then gonna get a moniter somewhere else. Was looking at Alienware and the new gateway PCs that are out.

Also are there some decent HPs out there that i can upgrade the videocard to the 8800gt?

thanks for any help =D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

okay, first we need to know how much you're willing to spend, and whether you're up for building it yourself. Its so much cheaper to build a higher end computer than it is to buy one, I think. I've found that most places rip you off in terms of video cards and RAM... probably the motherboard too.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

okay, first we need to know how much you're willing to spend, and whether you're up for building it yourself. Its so much cheaper to build a higher end computer than it is to buy one, I think. I've found that most places rip you off in terms of video cards and RAM... probably the motherboard too.

Yes! Always build over buy! Much cheeper.

Ill also help. =) Whats your price range?
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 crosswire1234

crosswire1234

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

Personally i would say to wait for a couple of months.With the release of nvidia 9800gt graphic card the price of 8800gt will be slashed and if you are willing to spend more you could go for 9800gt which is nearly twice the speed of 8800gt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users