Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rostam.

Rostam.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

i am trying to install a new graphics car and need to uninstall the old one in my Bios. wold someone let me know how i can do that please.

Edited by rigel, 26 February 2008 - 07:21 PM.
Mod edit: Moved to a more appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

What kind of system (manufacturer/model) or motherboard (same info)?

Is this onboard video or an actual physical card that is installed?

If it's onboard, all you have to do is enter the BIOS and disable the onboard.

If it's an actual video card, then you need to remove it via Device Manager (remove the drivers) and then open the case and physically insert the proper card into the proper slot.

Note: You need to make sure that your motherboard can accommodate the card that you determine you want to install. One size does not fit all...in fact some motherboards may not have a slot for an actual physical card.

If you all ready think you know or have the card...tell us the manufacturer/model and someone can tell you if it will work in the system you intend to put it in.

How to get into your computer's BIOS - http://www.cyberwalker.net/faqs/reinstall-...enter-BIOS.html

Device Manager Basics - http://www.cybertechhelp.com/tutorial/arti...-manager-basics

http://www.motherboards.org/articles/guides/1168_1.html

Louis

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

You dont have to uninstall it from your bios. Just plug the new card in.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

He should remove the old drivers (uninstall it from the hardware manager) as Hamluis mentioned if he has an aftermarket video card.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:31 PM

Agreed. I guess I read into it a little thickly. Because the BIOS doesn't even have drivers. In fact, the video card has it's own bios!

But the old drivers should be uninstalled as described by hamluis.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users