Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Morgon Multimedia

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Akiraton

Akiraton

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

Okay here is the story. Whenever my dad uses my computer, it sometimes shut down randomly. He always ask me, "What did you do?!". This never happened to me before though. o_o I guess its because I dont use the computer as much as he does? Well...another part is...

My computer sometimes tell me problems in my computer. On the list, there were like 5 items that caused some problems on my computer [though I never even notice]. They were like "Problems caused by Adobe blah blah" and stuff so the way to fix the problem was to update it. Solved. Well there was this ONE thing that looked really stranged to me. One of the problems was outdated mmswitch.ax or whatever. And I clicked on "Possible Solutions". Well one of the possibilities was to update it. Curious I was, I went to the website. Well it looks pretty...cheap? and Untrustworthy. I'm not really sure cuz I was at the site for about 5 seconds max. o_O

So I was wondering, does anyone know what mmswitch.ax is? and is Morgon Multimedia trustworthy? By the way, the mmswitch.ax is from Morgon Multimedia, [MMswitch.ax..the MM might mean that =] ]

I tried the other possibilites that my computer had for me, to delete mmswitch.ax from my computer but the file wasnt found....so yeah...

and to add another thing, I semi saw the computer when it shut down randomly yesterday. I was sitting on the couch and my dad was like "insert my name" =] I saw a blue screen with lots of text, then I think it was a gray screen after that? Then it shut down. I wasnt fast enough to run to the computer and read what it was. This happened to my dad multiple times...but NEVER to me o_o Help?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

Hello I don't believe this is a malware issue. Please tell us what is your Operating System (2000,XP.Vista??)
What version of Windows Media Player are you using.
That file is a Codec ,some info here..http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/mmswitch/

I am going to move this topic to the 'All other Applications" forum for others to get a look at it.

You may be able to stop the screen (or the Blue Screen of Death,BSOD) by doing this

Stop the cycling Blue screen of Death and write down the complete error mesage...

Please do this

To stop the reboot process go to
}Start
}Right click My Computer
}Properties
}Advanced
}Startup and Recovery and untick automatically restart

The screen will now stop so you can copy it All.
OR...
Control panel>>System>>Advanced tab>>click settings for system startup and recoverey>>under system failure>>uncheck automatically restart>>click ok

Post that info back and someone will be able to better assist.

{Mod Edit: Moved out of "Am I Infected~~Boopme}

Edited by boopme, 26 February 2008 - 09:49 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users