Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire Broken Key Cap

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

Hi,

I didn't know where to post this- hope it is the right place...

I have two broken keys (T & N caps) on my Acer laptop (Aspire 5610) keyboard. I found this website which conveniently sells individual laptop keys. However my laptop is not listed and I don't know whether the other Acer laptops or any other laptop listed have the same keys as mine. I was wondering which one could fit my laptop. You can closely see how the keys on my Acer 5610 look like in this review video on at approximately 04min:27sec.

Could someone please let me know which model(s) listed on the site has the same keys as mine. I am pretty sure there must be one. And how would the keys be described? In the 'Key Type' drop down box should I select 'Black' or 'Solid Black'?

Regards,
Juha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:29 PM

If you were in the States I could get you all the Dell, Toshiba, and IBM keys you need. Alas no Acer. Your model is specific to Europe, it's not even listed on Acer's US site. All I can suggest is eBay.uk or call ACER
The important thing thing to match is the plastic clip underneath the key that holds it to the keyboard base
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Juha

Juha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:11 PM

I heard that if you call ACER they'll will sell you a complete keyboard instead of individual keys, and considering I only need two keys, that would be quite inconvenient. I only need the plastic top, not even the tiny clips that hold it to the keyboard! I am wondering those tops can't be that different for most laptops and there must be at least one model listed on the site that matches mine!

Also did you manage to check the video on youtube to see how they look like?

Maybe the next step is ebay if this fails...

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

Instead of going with what you heard, why don't you call Acer and ask them?
If you don't like what they have to tell you, simply say thank you for the information and hang up.

#5 Juha

Juha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:10 PM

Okay, I'll give them a try and see how it goes...

In the meantime, any other ideas are welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users