Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Coruption

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 leesteffy

leesteffy

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:39 PM

thanks in advance for your help. I've been on this forum bf and you guys are terrific. (I hope everyone reading this remembers to donate bc these guys are invaluable!! )The Send button on my outlook express has stopped working. I can recieve. I can type, but when i press send nothing happens. It doesn't go to outbox or anything. Seems like a software corruption of some kind. I've tried to call Dell bc my computer is still under warrenty, but they've been no help so far. The tech people don't seem to understand and don't know the product. (I've mostly been getting india.) They keep telling me they know more about hardware than software. But it's preloaded software! I have xp prof service pack 2. Thanks!

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

Louis

#3 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:20 PM

You don't say what version you are using, so my hint is for OE6. I don't know if you can do this in OE7.

You can try deleting your Outbox.dbx. Perhaps it has become corrupted.

To find your identity, you will have to first go into Tools-Folder Options-View from any folder in Windows Explorer and check "Show hidden files and folders" first. The path to your OE Identity should be something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{BA71C9C5-E7AE-4417-BC40-8E2D6367A668}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

(The information between { and } will be different too.)

If you have more than one identity, browse to the correct one.

Find the Outbox.dbx and just delete it. When you open OE again, it will recreate a new Outbox.dbx file.

Actually you can do this to rebuild all the OE folders. Just be sure to move any messages you might want to save to temporary new folder(s). You can move them back after you've rebuilt the folders. DO NOT DELETE THE Folder.dbx file. All the others are safe to delete though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users