Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Accessing Ezboards

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 smile81

smile81

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 13 March 2005 - 06:19 PM

Starting about 2 weeks ago I stopped being able to load any ezboard webpages. At first I thought that they were down, but when it dragged on for over a week and it seemed that they were working for others I began to wonder.

Is there any possible reason why out of the blue, my computer/internet would just choose to not upload one certain sites webpages? It goes to find the page and gets about 3 bars into the loaded screen and then tells me that the page can not be displayed. I can access everything else easily. I have windows xp home edition with all of the updates. I use dsl for my internet connection.... and it works for everything else.

Anyone know why this one website (and any of the pages connected to it) won't load for me?

Any help would be great

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:56 PM

What's the site?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:14 PM

If you use a cookie to log in its possible the cookie has become corrupted. Find the cookie and delete it.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 smile81

smile81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:36 PM

So I cleared my cookie files etc in order to see if it was a corrupted one. I used CCleaner to clean it up... since I wanted to make sure it was fully clean. The webpages from ezboard still don't work. Next I tired to turn off my windows xp firewall.... still can not access the pages.

I'm not the best with computer issues, but I am not a real novice either. I am all out of ideas as to what is causing this....

Anyone else have ideas?

Sorry if I sound stupid asking about this.

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:54 AM

There's no stupid questions but I've been known to give some stupid answers. :thumbsup:

Can you give us the website address you are trying to get?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 smile81

smile81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:33 PM

It's http://www.ezboard.com or any of the specific ezboard pages.

I'm thinking it is a cookie thing. I normally am already logged in to the site. Now I can't even access the page it just gives me the "can not connect with page" standard internet error.

As I stated above, I tried to clean my cookies fully by using ccleaner.... but no luck in accessing the site.

It doesn't seem to be a firewall problem, nor a problem with my internet... it just seems my computer can not access the webpages of the ezboard sites....

Anyone with further help please help! ;) Thanks!!!!

#7 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:15 PM

They seem be be using a lot of flash and javascript. You may want to check your security settings and see if adding ezboard to your tusted sites helps.

#8 smile81

smile81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:57 PM

I tried adding the site as a trusted site, still didn't work.

As far as the rest of what you suggested, is there a way you could explain how to check/set that info? I'm sorry. I am good with computers when told what to do.... I can usually figure my computer problems out myself...but this one has thrown me for a loop.

Again, any further suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

To those who have tried to help already, thanks for your time....damn computer settings...;)

#9 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:40 AM

Are you getting a "this page cannot be displayed" error or some other one?

What is your operating system?

Try going to Start>Search>Files and folders and do a search for Hosts. See if you can find ezboard.com in there. If its in there put rem or # in front of that line and a space, save and exit and try it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users