Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unload Debugger

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ngda

ngda

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:52 PM

I complete upgrade my computer , run Windows XP pro SP2 just 3 days ago
First I use onboard VGA ( max 8MB ) then install the PCIe 2400 pro magic with supplied driver .
They both work fine on LCD 19".
When I load the software Longman Dictionary Of Contemporary English (LDOCE) I have problem
With PCI graphic card in , I can not run this LDOCE . The error message is “ you must unload debugger to run this program “ . This problem disappear when I removed the PCI ex card and use the onboard graphic the program run very normal , I try to load the driver again few times or change the HKEY_localmachine\ software\ microsoft\ windowsNT\ currentversion\ AeDebug without success as recommend .
I google the problem , many of them related to games far back to 2002 . I could not try to my case because mine related to the graphic card .
My system is new build thought windows is old 2002 SP1 , update to SP2 , HP printer , Micosoft premier 2000 , acrobat reader 8 , that all . Is there anyway to elimimate the debugger on the background ( I thought ) I don’t play game , nor programming and I want to use the PCI express card ( I paid for ) . The LDOCE program required one per month insert the original CDdisk in for authentication , I have the orginal disk .
Hardware :
-ASUS P5-KPL-VM FSB1066 onboard graphic
-Intel E4600 Core2Duo CPU 2.2GHz
-Kingston 2GB DDR2 800
-WD 320GB SATA
-LG CD/DVD RW combo
-ASUS ATI HD 2400 Promagic 256MB PCI e x16
-Thermaltake PS 430w
All parts are bought new
Anyone have this problem before or have any idea to solve this ?
Thanks for any suggess .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

Worth a look: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812759

I would try updating the PCI-E card drivers first.

Louis

#3 ngda

ngda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

I read a lot of forum without the right fix to my problem
Microsoft support did not help
IE browser > Tool > option > advance .... not help
Run msconfig > uncheck service .... not help
I remove some utility of the PCIE ... not help
I do another approach by search all the files which part of name has "debug.exe " , I found some under C:\programefiles\ATI\ then temporary iliminate them by rename to *.eee, some more under C:\windows\system32 which I could not rename it because later the file *debug.exe reappear again . This approach did not help either .
=====
Then I must did something not right that make the DLOCE not work even with the onboard video !!!!!!!
=====
I have to re install win XP pro SP2 and load only the LDOCE and wait for further help
At the mean time I download the latest PCIE driver from Asus , but the link too slow , after about 90min it time out ( even I use cable internet , at first the rate is > 150KB/s but later down to 8KB/s )
I wait for idea from you all
Thanks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

Well...if that program is the only one I had trouble with on my system...I'd either get an update for it and install...or I'd remove it from my system.

If everything else works properly, that implies a lot to me.

Louis

#5 ngda

ngda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:07 PM

Hamluis , the LDOCE is the important software of my family , we bought it 2 year back ...
Well that simple update thing never be simple.
As recomended by Hamluis and feed back from Asus tech , I followed their link to download the latest PCIe bios and the latest PCIe driver.
their link to slow , some time down to 2Kb/ It seem I would never finish the 79.1MB of the driver . Eventually after 4 time s of reset and time out I lucky enought to get the files . Then I have to install the Winrar to extract them.
Folowed the instruction to load the card bios I had the message that "It is the wrong card for this software " ? ? ? .
Check to see that all correct then , I changed nothing . After few times It did load successful .
With the driver I also have error message " Setup can not proceed because the length of specified directory path plus the installation folder name exceed 88 characters . Please shorten one or both below the specified limit and try again " ??? . I changed nothing , just take time try again
But as last after many trials , It works
And the LDOCE also works .
There you are , Computer parts sometime can not be consume straight away like fast food . They also need to be processed .
Thank Hamluis , I hope my problem would help someone in the future

Regards

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

Glad you solved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users