Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Internet Keeps Stopping

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ultimatetwang

ultimatetwang

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hello,

This is my first time, here. I'm not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm having a problem that is driving me crazy.

Whenever I reboot my computer (an Emachines T6216), I go online (broadband connection) and after a few moments, I lose the connection and the only way to get it back is to reboot, again. Usually, I have to do this 3-4 times before the connection will stay. The computer is connected to a router box, as I have two computers hooked up; the second computer, and older HP laptop never has this problem, it works flawlessly.

And this problem happens, regardless of using Firefox or Explorer.

I also should mention that I never had this problem, previously. The computer was hooked up to broadband from the time of it's purchase in 2/05, until last June, then reconnected in December. Now, the one concern I have, is that during the time it was not connected to broadband, we were staying at a place that had only phone connections, and we did have it hooked into dial-up for that time with AOL, so I don't know if something in the AOL system caused this or not. I've tried to uninstall everything AOL that I could find, just in case. Also, and again I don't know if this is related, but when hooked up via dial-up, every so often (while online I should add), the computer would completely reboot, out of the blue.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated, as this is got me baffled.

Thanks for your help!
Mike

Edited by ultimatetwang, 25 February 2008 - 09:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users