Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trimming Down On The Size Of A Game?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:51 PM

I want to put a few games onto my thumbdrive. The obvious problem is that I'll run out of space. Are there any ways to trim down the size of the games so that they are smaller? I know that I can trim down audio files and quality, but will it still work afterwards and what else can I reduce?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

Well, one thing I can think of. If there's movies in the game, remove them or compress them. WinZip or WinRar could also be used to just compress the whole game into one file. One program I found which can compress things like 10GB games to around 6.5Gb's is a program called WinUHA. But be warned, the program takes literaly forever to un-compress...like a couple hours on my Athlon 3500+ depending on size. ( it was a 8GB game, took 2-3 hours )

WinRAR

WinZip

WinUHA
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users