Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying A New Computer For My Little Brother

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sara_

Sara_

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hey all,

I'm new on these boards :huh: I have a question about a new laptop i want to buy for my little brother and was hoping anyone of you could help me pick one out. I have been searching around and came into this website:
http://www.pc-shopz.com/Laptops_Notebooks/Dell

I have been watching the first laptop in that list. Do you think that one is good enough ? My brother is playing online games. I think he plays a game called world of warcraft and its also going to be used for schhol work. Could anyone check out that laptop for me?

Edited by Sara_, 25 February 2008 - 02:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:48 PM

:thumbsup: To Bleeping Computer

That laptop wont even begin to play World of warcraft. That computer will probably be ok for school though (Internet, Typing notes, web browsing etc..)
PC System Requirements
  • OS: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4) or Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
  • Processor: Intel Pentium3 800MHz or AMD Athlon 800MHz
  • Memory:
    • Minimum: 512 MB RAM
    • Recommended: 1GB RAM
  • Video:
    • Minimum: 32MB 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as an NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or above
    • Recommended: 64MB VRAM 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability, such as an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 class card or above
  • Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card
For a good all around Laptop to play games you will need something with at least a p4 with 1024 mb of memory and a Nvidia Go graphics card or ATI equivalent. Playing first person shooter games on a laptop is not an inexpensive option and usually leaves the player wishing that had bought a PC for allot less money.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 26 February 2008 - 03:50 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users