Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Posting Pics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pendejo

pendejo

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:15 PM

I'm using a computer (Windows XP professional) that my son left when he moved away. On it I have discovered bunches of digital camera pictures (airplanes, cats, etc.) I'd like to use some of them for e-mailing, avatars, etc. They are listed and individually identified with letters and numbers, e.g., "DSC_xxxx.JPG"

I signed on to Photobucket. I inserted the numbers but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what those numbers mean. Photobucket prompts me to type in an HTML code. I don't have a website thus no HTML capability. Photobucket also asks for my photo "album." I don't have one of those either (obviously I'm a computer newbie). Can I put those pics in an album? How do I do that? I tried to e-mail some of the pics using rich text and the pic numbers. Didn't work.

In the past couple of months I've learned quite a bit (trial and error, tutorials, a Computers for Dummies manual) about operating computers. I probably know more than I will ever use. Everytime I master something I swear to myself that in order to avoid further exasperation, I'll never learn anything else. But there's always another intriguing, curious, exasperating challenge. Today, it's how to use those pictures.

Would appreciate any help. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:25 PM

"DSC_xxxx.JPG"
These are just the names of the files (DSC_xxxx), and the file type (.JPG).

After you log in to Photobucket, there should be a screen that says "Add Pictures".
Click the "Browse" button.
Then navigate to the picture you want to add, click it, then click "Open".
Then click the "Submit" button.
Your picture will begin uploading to Photobucket.
When it's through, your picture will be displayed on the page, with different ways to display it (Url, Tag, Img) on different sites.

If you want to submit more than one picture at a time, use the "Submit Multiple Pictures" box.
Click the arrow, and chose anywhere from 1-19.
Then, as I explained above, browse to each picture and click it, then click "Open".
Once you've selected all you want, Click "Submit"

Just "copy" the one you want to use, and "paste" it where you want.
Url - Use this to post a clickable link to your picture. (That's what we use here.)
Tag - Use this to put an image in a web page, if you have one.
Img - This will put the actual picture into your post. (Eats up a lot of bandwith, though. Not recommended.)

I hope this helps some.
If you have any questions, just ask.

Edited by tg1911, 13 March 2005 - 04:39 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 pendejo

pendejo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:16 AM

tg1911,

Just wanted to thank you for your help. Your info solved my problem. I never take any assistance for granted. :thumbsup:

Great forum. Thanks to members and all those who make it possible!

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:51 AM

You're quite welcome, pendejo.
That's what we're all here for, to learn, and share what we know.

Glad you got your problem solved.
If you have anymore questions, just ask.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users