Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 32 Error Caused By Virus Or Other Malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Greeneyedsphinx

Greeneyedsphinx

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

Well, hi everybody. I`m new here, found this page using google to find help. Looks like some nasty virus is about to corrupt every anti virus program I used and tried to use since a few days. Tried to fix the problem myself.
It started with a downloaded program that caused a blast of pop ups when I opened it. Got rid of that using your Vundo fix program that erased the .dll files that were (seemingly) causing the problem.
After that I got an error warning everytime I started windows (Don`t remember the exact words it just said that some .dll files were missing and the computer couldn`t find the module. I fixed that too by using the registry cleaner restore point (windows backup ) I made two weeks ago. The internet problem I had (pop ups, slowdown and warnings about a virus that might cause the computer to crash ) seems to be solved. No pop ups and no sites I didn`t specifically look for anymore but now I get the warning: ....is not an acceptable application (Don`t know if the translation right so I `ll also post the original:.....exe ist keine zuverlässige win.32 Anwendung ) This warning now occurs everytime I try to run an antivirus program .
So far: Spyware Doctor, Spybot search and destroy, AVG anti spyware and worst of all it shut down my Zone Alarm Anti virus (Firewall and antivirus ) Other programs are not involved. I can start programs like real player etc without problems.
Now my Question: Is there a way to fix this problem without installing the whole windows xp anew? I read some of your pages according to win 32 problems but didn`t know exactly what to do cause the answers seemed to be very personal for they answered problems using the posted Hijack this file. I`d like to do the same but Hijack this doesn`t run either.... Already thanks for answering.... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 peterjwfrench

peterjwfrench

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:05 AM

Well, hi everybody. I`m new here, found this page using google to find help. Looks like some nasty virus is about to corrupt every anti virus program I used and tried to use since a few days. Tried to fix the problem myself.
It started with a downloaded program that caused a blast of pop ups when I opened it. Got rid of that using your Vundo fix program that erased the .dll files that were (seemingly) causing the problem.
After that I got an error warning everytime I started windows (Don`t remember the exact words it just said that some .dll files were missing and the computer couldn`t find the module. I fixed that too by using the registry cleaner restore point (windows backup ) I made two weeks ago. The internet problem I had (pop ups, slowdown and warnings about a virus that might cause the computer to crash ) seems to be solved. No pop ups and no sites I didn`t specifically look for anymore but now I get the warning: ....is not an acceptable application (Don`t know if the translation right so I `ll also post the original:.....exe ist keine zuverlässige win.32 Anwendung ) This warning now occurs everytime I try to run an antivirus program .
So far: Spyware Doctor, Spybot search and destroy, AVG anti spyware and worst of all it shut down my Zone Alarm Anti virus (Firewall and antivirus ) Other programs are not involved. I can start programs like real player etc without problems.
Now my Question: Is there a way to fix this problem without installing the whole windows xp anew? I read some of your pages according to win 32 problems but didn`t know exactly what to do cause the answers seemed to be very personal for they answered problems using the posted Hijack this file. I`d like to do the same but Hijack this doesn`t run either.... Already thanks for answering.... :thumbsup:

Ok If you can still use intnetrnet explorer and that and thats wokring ok try this

go to http://www.trendmicro.com and pick uk if your in uk (sometimes it will automacially detect where you are) Scroll to the bottom of this webpage and click on Housecall (you need to make sure you have java intalled and enabled on your machine to check this you can go to www.java.com and it will deteact if y ou machine has the latest version or if you need to download it if you do make sure that the java is enable to check this go to

tool >> Internet Option >> Advanced >> Manage Add Ons - and enable java the publisher is sun microstyems make sure these are enabled once you have done this you can then start using trendmicro.com and use the housecall service make sure you let it download the apps and also make sure you chose to run the java version once the java version has been started once the application has been started click Next and wait 2-3 mins once its started and your on step to (this will take a while so go make cup tea coffee or even have your dinner once it has anyalsed your drive it will give you a est time of how long it will take once this has been done you eventually get to step three once your on step three you will be able to get trendmicro to remove all it can however their may be some mannual onceds you need to do post the rtesults of any manual oncs you need to remove and well go from their hope this help

many thanks#
peter french

#3 Greeneyedsphinx

Greeneyedsphinx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:18 AM

Wow. that was fast answering. Thank you so much. The program (House Call ) Is just getting ready to scan. I`ll post a reply and results as soon as it`s done . But thanks a lot for taking your time...

#4 Greeneyedsphinx

Greeneyedsphinx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:42 AM

Faster back than I hoped I`d be. I tried to run house call but it`s stops before it starts scanning. I only get as far as step three but then the page says ready without scanning or anything. Is there another page to perform the scan online? cause I tried to download the Trend micro security trial set but it says it can`t perform the exe file.... :thumbsup: Thanks for answering

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:34 AM

Try this one.

http://www.eset.eu/online-scanner

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

Hello Greeneyedsphinx-welcome to Bleeping Computer.
You have posted your log in a forum not meant for HTJ logs.(or in your case, a clone as you call it)
Someone will be moving it to the appropriate forum, where our security experts will take a look at it.
Please do not attempt to fix anything from the log yourself, and do not take any advice regarding the log unless it is from one the HJT experts. These experts are clearly identified as such.

Meanwhile, please continue with the scanning-hopefully something will be able to do a full scan.

Also: Read the information

HERE:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Prior to posting a HJT log, we ask that you please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log. Following the steps in this Guide will allow the HJT Team to quickly help you with specific fixes for what may remain on your system.

Please complete all the steps in the Guide.
If you have performed some of them already, then just continue with the next. If you can't perform a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
Since you have a log posted, skip this step. A member of the HJT team will let you know if you need to post another one.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 February 2008 - 01:05 PM.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,109 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:13 PM

Hello I have split your HiJackThis log away to the Misplaced logs forum . There is a NEW topic there you need to attend to. It is named HJT and deckards Log.
You can find it here...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/133133/hjt-and-deckards-log/

I am closing this topic now to prevent any confusion with replies.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users