Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Trouble

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:48 PM

Hi Everybody,

FireFox seems to have gone mental on me here of late. I have the Google toolbar and I had it set to where it would open up a new browser any time that I did a Google search.

But all of a sudden that stopped working and all of the search results are now opening in the window that I'm working in.

I've checked every where that I can think of to reset that but I can not find that setting again. The closest I come is a setting that says 'open results in new tab'.

And as though that weren't bad enough all of the search suggestions that normally appear in the drop down menu have vanished.

Today I accidentally discovered that that all of the suggestions are still showing up there when I ran my mouse across the menu box though. It's just that I can't see them because for some as of yet unknown reason the font has decided that it wants to be the same color as the background. Here's a screen shot to show what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

I figure that there has to be a way to reset both of these things but I just don't know where to look for the settings... so any information will be appreciated.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users