Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation Problems: Scanner And Camera Via Usb

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EdwVII

EdwVII

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

Recently upgraded from Win98SE to Win2000, during the process I lost a few externals due primarily to the fact that they were not compatiable with Win2000. So, I bought a new Canon Scanner (CanoscanLiDE90) and an Olympus (C-60 zoom) camera! The problem of installation commences with the attachments that are included in the CD-ROM's of these new externals (scanner and camera). I bought the scanner and camera; I don't want or need these extra's in the CD-ROM! I already have the necesary programs pre-installed, within my computer (Adoba Photo Deluxe) that permits a location for the scanner image and camera image to be deposited. The scanner is recognized by the computer but functions (extremely) slowly, 2.5 minutes to scan a document? The camera is not recognized by the computer, whatsoever? This particular camera does not require a set of drivers, according to the installation directions (a new technical marvel).

I tried to resolve my particular problems; first, by determining that the correct drivers were available and connected for the scanner, as verified by Canon. The camera is different; it must be recognized by the computer (which it isn't) and is supposed to function in a seperate 'drive' of it's own (ie: "F" or "G"), via DCIM. Strange as it seems, the camera is functional on my laptop (also Win2000). The Adobe Photo Deluxe (Ver:4.0) which stores over 5-years of photos, has the ability to locate the (new) scanner but not the camera; and activates only the scanner (ever so slowly), not the camera to download the images. I tried to have the PhotoDeluxe locate the camera through "Other devices or media" without success! I have a COMPAQ Presario, which is always kept 'up-todate and clean'! (Previous scanner was a HP that has been purged.) Clicking on Control Panel for 'Scanner & Camera' indicates that 'listed' cameras, match the age of the computer (8-years). My new camera (Olympus C-60) is not listed, hence, the need for a separate 'drive' of it's own via DCIM?

So, how do I speed up the scanning function and, get the camera to be recognized by the computer? (Remember, the camera is already recognized by my Toshiba Satellite (4000CDS) laptop that has the same Win2000; it works one way but not the other?)

Any suggestions from the membership, would be gratefully accepted, please.
Thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

Use the Camera/Scanner Wizard...to recognize both.

http://www.phxelem.k12.az.us/technology_an...mera_wizard.pdf

I can state from my experiences that...the scanner will work better if you install the software which is on the CD that came with it. I know that, theoretically, you should only have to install the driver...but I merely suggest that you try it as I suggest, then use whichever method you want.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users