Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Dropshipping A Good Way To Monetize A Website ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SCOBAHCAN

SCOBAHCAN

• Banned
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:14 PM

Hi

I have thinking about adding dropshipping as a form of monetizing to my website.

Is dropshipping a good way to monetize a website ?

Thanks Craig

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr_Freeware

Mr_Freeware

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:18 PM

try going to RyansReview.com

he mentions dropshipping there.

Edited by Mr_Freeware, 01 March 2008 - 10:19 PM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:44 PM

I have no clue, but using your term and google, I came up with this: Website Monetization

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

I can't get the episode of Monster Garage out of my head where they made a package delivery truck that had an air cannon on it to deliver packages
:thumbsup:
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:37 PM

I saw one similar they did that to deliver news papers.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 Boardwalkgirl

Boardwalkgirl

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

I don't know what monetize a website means. Does that mean to use said website to take orders from the public in order to make a profit and then have the product dropshipped out from another location say like in another state? If so, I should say that I recently ran into a lot of websites that sell computer desks but these same websites do not have a warehouse where they stock or ship out the desks. Instead they have a dropshipper do it. For example, one merchants call center was in New England while the desks were being shipped out of a warehouse in Indiana.

If I defined monetize correctly then based on my experience I would say using a dropshipper is a good way to make money from your website. I've seen it in action and it appears to be a profitable way of earning an income. Hope that helps.

Edited by Boardwalkgirl, 18 April 2008 - 11:24 AM.

#7 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

ooooh educate me, what does this mean?? :thumbsup:
Crazyness comes to those who wait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users