Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues With Zone Labs Zone Alarm

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 slyblackdragon

slyblackdragon

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

As per TMacK's instructions I am moving my thread from the "AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods" forum to here.

I have been really happy with the security that Zone Alarm has offered me so far, but I do have a few gripes with it as of late. If I try to open Firefox while Zone Alarm is running, I will get a "this page cannot be displayed" type error. Same thing if I use Internet Explorer. If I keep refreshing or restarting Internet Explorer it will eventually work. Only them am I able to open Firefox and get it to connect (let me know if that doesn't make any sense). Sometimes I have to shut down Zone Alarm to connect to the internet on either browser and this gets quite annoying. I want to keep the security it brings, but it can e quite a hassle. It also either takes forever or won't allow me to log in to websites like MySpace.com. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thank you in advance for all of your help :thumbsup:.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:09 PM

Hi slyblackdragon, Welcome to BC.

It might help to know if that problem is happening with Zone Alarm Free of Zone Alarm Pro. You might also want to edit your post and put a link back your other topic.

As per TMacK's instructions I am moving my thread from the "AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods" forum

That way people can check to see what's been going on so far.

Wendy

Edited by Wendy K. Walker, 24 February 2008 - 10:13 PM.

TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#3 slyblackdragon

slyblackdragon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

As far as I can tell it is called "Zone Alarm Security Suite version 7.0" and believe it is the free version as I don't remember buying it, but I may have.

Nothing really happened it the previous post as it was locked because I was also being helped with a HJT log http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130042/issues-with-zone-labs-zone-alarm/.

This is the information I was given by TMacK:

"...based on your question in the AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products forum, this appears to be an internet connection issue.
If so, please start a new Topic in the Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications forum, when you are completely finished in the HJT forum."

#4 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:04 AM

Hi slyblackdragon,

Well that didn't help a whole lot now did it? Rats! OK it looks like you were having some re-direct issues that you had attributed to ZA that had straightened themselves out after several updates... maybe this problem will right itself on its own after a few more updates.

Do you use a proxy server?

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#5 slyblackdragon

slyblackdragon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:31 AM

Sorry, I don't know what a "proxy server" is. I think I am computer illiterate :thumbsup: .

#6 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:38 AM

Make sure your DNS and DHCP server IP's are in your Firewall's Trusted zone. Finding DNS and DCHP servers, etc
Zone Alarm Trusted Zone DNS and DHCP settings

Zone Alarm ICS settings

Zone Alarm Privacy settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users