Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 markmgk62

markmgk62

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:30 PM

I don't know if I'm in the right forum but I'll ask here anyways. When I open up either my IE or SBC yahoo main page I am having a error message come up saying : line b problem parsing xml "null" is null or not an object. It is driving me crazy so if anyone knows any solutions or can help me with the problem I'd really appreciate that. Also I have tried un-installing IE 6 so then I updated to IE 7 it occured with IE 7 so then I un-installed IE 7 and went back to IE 6 and it was still happening there. I've also tried deleting cookies, temp internet files, etc. And nothing has worked so someone please help me.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 25 February 2008 - 06:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hi markmgk62,

How about doing whatever it is that causes that error message to pop up, then do a screen capture of the error message, save it as a '.jpg' then edit your post and use the 'insert image' button to put it in the post so that people who know what that stuff means can see the same thing that you're looking at?

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#3 JacksonT

JacksonT

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:11 PM

Are you able to go to any other web page? If so does it happen any where else

#4 markmgk62

markmgk62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

Yes I can get to other websites it's only when I open up IE or Sbc I looked up my problem to find answers and most people say that have it because of their mail preview box on their Yahoo home page. So I deleted my mail preview box from my homepage and I am still getting the message. But I'll try to take a picture of it or what ever. It only comes up when I open IE or sometimes SBC but the thing is on my homepage I don't have the yahoo mail preview thing but on my dad's homepage he does, and it comes up for him and not for me.

#5 markmgk62

markmgk62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

Can someone please help me.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,858 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:43 PM

Hello markmgk62,

Perchance, do you have Script Debugging enabled in IE? If so, this may be the source of the problem.

I don't use IE except for Window Updates and sites that don't work properly in Firefox, and I don't use anything Yahoo related, so I'm merely making an educated guess based on the few times I've had errors somewhat like that.

What does "SBC" stand for and what is it?

and it comes up for him and not for me.

What comes up for him?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users