Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyword Stuffing?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maryl1981

maryl1981

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

A few weeks ago, I was searching for an old classmate and clicked on a site with a video. Having never encountered anything malicious like this before (Norton 360 didn't seem to pick up on anything either), I clicked to see the video and installed an Active X control. Big mistake!! I got a trojan horse that took over my computer, disabled my task manager, rerouted me to other sites, etc.

I went through the steps to make sure I removed everything and even got a clean hijack this report from this site. Well, I occasionally google my name, and when I googled it last week, several strange sites came up. They look like blogs and they all have a video. The topics range from Red Screaming Films to Phospholipids to Free Sex Movies. Below the video clips, there are blocks of random words such as yoga cats my name obama clinton sex, etc. The sites are in a variety of languages, too.

Is this keyword stuffing? Could someone have my identity? I've checked my credit report and bank account and everything seems to be okay. I think this has to have something to do with my getting infected several weeks ago. I've reported the sites to Google and Yahoo, but they haven't been able to do much.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's been very unnerving for me. I feel violated because the sites come up when you do a search for me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

Hello maryl1981,

Could you ask that question in your HJT thread? I know Teacup has said you're computer is now clean, but Teacup may have an answer for you.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users