Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Suddenly Stops Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xstarsunx

xstarsunx

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

I was just surfing the web and suddenly my internet stopped working. I was downloading something from megaupload but i don't think that's the problem because i've been downloading from megaupload for the past few days..

I tried restarting my router twice but nothing has happened. I am now using another laptop in the house which uses an internal wireless card to connect to the router and everything is fine. My laptop that has no internet now uses a netgear wireless adapter to connect to the router, but i dont think my adapter is the problem either.

I checked my event viewer and under application there is a warning event ID 1517 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM something about an application was still using the registry during log off. i researched this and some people recommended downloading UPH cleaner..i downloaded it and ran it, but my internet still does not work. Although, after i ran it, under application, it said

"The following handles in user profile hive .... ......... have been remapped because they were preventing the profile from unloading successfully:

svchost.exe (1024)
HKCU(0x22c)"

I've had no problems shutting down and logging on..i dont know what's going on! please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

Hi xstarsunx, Welcome to BC.

That site, megaupload, isn't that kind of like a P2P site? I don't really know, I gave it a look and it seems that anyone can upload and download just about anything there.

You may well have polluted your system there. I would suggest that you do the 'copy' thing to this post then dash over here --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ <-- start a new topic and do the paste thing in it to save time.

Don't post any kind of logs there unless one of the HJT Team members or a Moderator asks you for something. There's a good chance that you've infected your PC by using that site.

Good Luck.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:07 AM

Does your ISP have any download limits?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users