Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Vundo & Metajuan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 luv2puts

luv2puts

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:33 PM

naturally, i need help. Norton is reporting finding Vundo & Metajuan. it quarantines them, but i keep getting pop ups. also the system is running really slow. i tried to follow the instructions on "http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/" ; running Adware 2007 , but it found 400 + problem and stated it could not fix it with the trial version : ( , so i stopped there.
i have attached the 'hijack this log'. thanks in advanced for your help !

joe

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Members
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

Hello joe ,

running Adware 2007 , but it found 400 + problem and stated it could not fix it with the trial version

Are you sure you downloaded and ran Ad-Aware 2007 Free ? It is free, not a trail version and will remove malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/A....exe-21299.html

Rogue anti-spyware program that displays false results and then states you need to pay for the software in order to remove them.

I see Ad-ware Pro in your log. It is on the List of rogue suspect antispyware products http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Please run Adaware 2007 Free, then post a fresh Hijackthis log. Please do not attach it as that makes it hard to read.

Edited by SifuMike, 28 February 2008 - 10:54 PM.

If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Members
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact me or a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request. If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users