Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected W/ Redirects In Ie And Tools Freeze Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chrss

Chrss

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:52 PM

I have Symantic AntiVirus and can't load it up. If I try, I get tons of error messages until the computer crashes. Also, I can't get CWS Shredder, HijackThis, or SpyBot to work properly. They end up freezing at some point in time. Ad-Aware works, but doesn't detect anything. I also can't startup in Safe Mode. The computer just restarts when I attempt to start in Safe Mode. Also, I get popups that lead to Chinese websites from time to time.

I can't get HijackThis to save a log or else it will freeze. Instead I have to post screenshots:

This is an error I get when I first try to scan using HijackThis:

Posted Image

HijackThis "Log:"
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't fix any of the items because HijackThis will freeze up in the process.

I've tried to delete the entry dnsq.dll in the registry, but it appears again regardless of what I do.

I'm not sure what to do now at this point. Any help or input is much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chrss

Chrss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:23 PM

up

#3 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:04 AM

Hello Chrss and welcome to BleepingComputer!

Apollogies for the delay. The forum has been very busy lately. Bumping your topic is considered rude and actually works against you, as you are falling "off the ladder" within our tools and measures to keep track of open logs.

If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log.

Please also post the problems you are having.

Thanks,

Johannes

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users