Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer Restarts When Viewing Videofiles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 andthebeanstalk

andthebeanstalk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:59 PM

Hi everyone. I have a laptop running XP that I got a year ago right before Vista came out. I used to have a really irritating problem, then it completely went away, and now it has resurfaced and was wondering if anyone on a tech forum might be able to help me out.

Whenever I open a folder than has video files (I'm not sure if it's just avi or others, but to be safe let's just say all video files), explorer closes for a second, and then reopens, with everything looking fine except for the folder which had the video files in it, which is now closed. It makes it pretty difficult to watch through my videos, let alone trying to browse around to see what I have. Does anyone know what's going on or a way to get rid of this? Thanks for your help and time everyone.

-Jack

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

Have you checked for malware?

What AV and malware programs are installed and updated?

Have you checked Event Viewer for clues?

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users