Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Pc Startup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wooshie

Wooshie

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

I just built a new pc this week. The installation went pretty easy but I have a ghost in the system ,and I cant figure out where. Here goes. When I started up for the first timeI had no display after unplugging everything and checking all connections internally and externally I went to start back up. It started right up I had display and everything was great. Well after the first ime I had to restart my computer, the problem happened again, no display. When I press the menu button on my monitor it says there is no signal. It seems that I have to shut down and wait awhile for my display to come back. This is the 16th computer that I have built and have never expierienced this issue before. I am including my system specs to help. any idea mild or wild is appreciated.

apevia X-plorerer case W/400watt psu
Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard
Intel core2 duo E4500 @2.2ghz
4GB PC6700 ddr2 ram
XFX 8400 GS PCI-E video card (The board is set to run on one video card sli is disabled)
western digital 80gb hard drive
western digital 250gb hard drive (external)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:26 PM

I dont know if this is the same problem, but I built a computer for my grandpa and when i press restart the computer shuts up and starts back up to quick the screen think it just shutdown and has not started back up yet. Theres no way for me to get the screen back working like that. So when ever he needs to restart his computer he just chooses shut down. then wait 2 seconds and start it back up.

IS your problem that when you restart the screen does not display? if so try what i did and see if its the same.

It sounds alot like the same problem

I think this problem is due to the monitor not being quick enough or the computer video card sending out the signal to wake up the monitor from sleep mode to quick.

what kind of screen do you have?

Edited by PoweredByGoogle, 24 February 2008 - 05:29 PM.

#3 Wooshie

Wooshie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

its an older one a compaq s 500. me and my wife just had a baby so after buying all the hardware i have to wait a few weeks for a better monitor.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:30 PM

I'd suggest borrowing a monitor from a friend to confirm that the monitor is the issue.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Wooshie

Wooshie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

just got done trying it with an ibm g40 did the same thing.
I finally got an error message. It said my computer can't come out of hibernation. does that help?

Edited by Wooshie, 24 February 2008 - 11:41 PM.

#6 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

if your using your computer's power button to shut it off and on, then you might have the power settings set that it hibernates, and once you get it up and running try and change the power settings to power button means shut down, and see what that does.
Hope it helps, if its totally unhelpful my apologizes.

#7 Wooshie

Wooshie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:41 PM

i had a friend give me a hand looking at it the problem was i had memory from two differant vendors and the voltage was incompatible removing the cheaper memory solved the problem. to everyone thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users