Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

desktop question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tooter801

tooter801

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:29 PM

I got help from a moderator on the HJT board. He instructed me to download Syware Blaster, which i did. He helped me get rid of the nasty bug I had. Now, though, I've got the Spyware Blaster Icon plus the setup.exe still on my desktop. I can't move the setup anywhere I've tried. My question is, do i need it anymore, or can I hide it? I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:03 AM

If SpywareBlaster is installed you do not need the setup program for it at all (unless you want to save it). What happens if you right-click on it and click the Delete menu option? If that doesn't work try dragging it to the Recycle Bin. Unless it's running there should be nothing preventing you from removing it.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users