Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dial-up?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

Top Ten Reasons of what makes dial-up suck beside being super slow:

10.) Getting Disconnected from a game (especially Starcraft Broodwar) just as your about to win!
9.) Getting "Temporarly Unavailbe." While visiting your favorite site.
8.) Always having to redial after getting a busy signal!
7.) Waiting for that lovely song to play as your signing online. (I'll never forget that little jingle as long as I live)
6.) "Error Connecting to Host, Please Try Again Later!"
5.) Having to restart your computer just because you get an error stating that "Connection could not be established"
4.) Hereing "Honey I need to make a phone, its really urgent your brother is dieing and I need to call the doctor," while your at 98% of a download that has taken you 2 hours to get there.
3.) Having a download speed jumping from 5KB/sec to .05KB/sec back up to 3KB/sec.
2.) Only having one computer online at a time.
1.) and having Dial-Up Using America Online!

:inlove: :flowers: :thumbsup: :trumpet: :cool:

Edited by yanowhiz, 12 March 2005 - 09:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:21 PM

Generally speaking, Dial-Up sucks. I've had Prodigy, Mindspring, Earthlink, and AOL. By far, AOL was the worst. For the past year and a half, I've had AT&T dialup and I love it. I had Charter cable internet for nearly 3 years and it was absolutely awful. I was in an 'outage area' at least half a dozen times each week. I'd gone 3-5 days without internet and got every lousy excuse imaginable. I never got a penny's credit either. I dumped them and never looked back.
With AT&T, I have never had to change the connecting number, always connect at the highest speed, downloads don't take forever, never get a busy signal, never get disconnected, and awesome customer service. I only pay $11/mo and it goes right on my phone bill. In the beginning, I had a problem with connecting. One phone call to the customer service department got me a $60 credit on my bill. I have AT&T for my local and long distance as well. For 2 phone lines, unlimited local and long distance calling, all the freebie extras available, plus the internet, for just $80/mo.
So, yes, dialup sucks. But I've never been happier.
I don't mean this to be a sales pitch for the company. I should add that your dialup quality will also depend on your lines. Mine were awful which was why I couldn't connect to the internet, I had a lot of noise on the line, and I could hear other people talking during phone calls. They replaced all of my lines, cords, wires, etc...
Anyway, my 2 cents. I'm sure for every compliment of AT&T or AOL or other ISP, there will be complaints as well. This has been my experience regarding AT&T.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users