Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Leaked Official Riaa Training Video

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:28 PM

I don't use P2P (never trusted it, especially in light of how much spy/adware was bundled with apps like Kazaa when run under M$) or condone music piracy, if I hear something I want, I buy a cd so I can play it in the car (where I normally listen to music) but I think the Riaa's cheese has definitely slipped off its cracker on this one.

This is a leaked official RIAA training video produced with the National District Attorneys Association telling U.S. prosecutors why they should bust music pirates: Because it'll lead them to "everything from handguns to large quantities of cocaine [and] marijuana," not to mention terrorists and murderers!
http://gizmodo.com/358648/

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

"An entire family was murdered by a youthful addict in Florida. When officers arrived at the home, they found the youth staggering about in a human slaughterhouse. With an axe he had killed his father, mother, two brothers, and a sister. He seemed to be in a daze… He had no recollection of having committed the multiple crime. The officers knew him ordinarily as a sane, rather quiet young man; now he was pitifully crazed. They sought the reason. The boy said that he had been in the habit of smoking something which youthful friends called “muggles,” a childish name for marijuana."

history has a habit of repeating itself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._Anslinger
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:20 PM

... why they should bust music pirates: Because it'll lead them to "everything from handguns to large quantities of cocaine [and] marijuana," not to mention terrorists and murderers!
http://gizmodo.com/358648/

*Hides guns and stash*

I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 no one

no one
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

"An entire family was murdered by a youthful addict in Florida. When officers arrived at the home, they found the youth staggering about in a human slaughterhouse. With an axe he had killed his father, mother, two brothers, and a sister. He seemed to be in a daze… He had no recollection of having committed the multiple crime. The officers knew him ordinarily as a sane, rather quiet young man; now he was pitifully crazed. They sought the reason. The boy said that he had been in the habit of smoking something which youthful friends called “muggles,” a childish name for marijuana."

history has a habit of repeating itself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._Anslinger

ahhh... So you're saying there is a correlation then between those people who were clueless(obviously some were not) about illegally downloading music (I'd concede to the possibilitys for the one's who only downloaded "Helter Skelter" ) , and dope smoking ( would they have to be a "youth" or just "youthful" or would all ages be allowed ? ) psychotics going all "Lizzy Borden" :thumbsup: on their family ? (inquiring minds and all that) If I were to guess the marijuana in question sounds like it might have been "dusted" hence the violent psychotic reaction.

(Hasn't smoked anything other than cigars in well over 20+ years)

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:38 PM

music industry + law enforcement = propaganda

the problem is when it backfires on you and you lose all credibility and start to become the laughing stock of a whole generation

Reefer Madness

or you reform your marketing approach and join the 21 st century, in the case of the music and video industry

Edited by DaChew, 23 February 2008 - 06:39 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#6 no one

no one
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

or you reform your marketing approach and join the 21 st century, in the case of the music and video industry

exactamundo, from what I've been reading they're costing the music industry millions to get minuscule returns. Of course this is the same people who are still pissed that you can buy any thing at all that records sound or video.

Posted Image

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

One statement really made me sit up and take notice.
Locations that sell cd's and throw in a handgun for a few bucks more.
Well duh. It's called a PAWN shop. Yep folks, you can buy a weapon and a cd at a pawn shop.

I know the video is about pirated cd's, but I couldn't resist throwing in my 2 cents worth.

#8 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

Reefer Madness

:thumbsup:

Hey! I own that movie!! I keep in my collection, right next to "The Attack of The Killer Tomatoes!" :trumpet:

Seriously, I really do.... :flowers:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#9 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

As an ardent file-sharer and occasional pot-smoker, I'd like to offer myself up for arrest. Obviously, I wouldn't want to wake up in the morning and realize that I've murdered my family. Especially what with all the traveling involved to get to my family! That's one HELL of a blackout!

Should call my mom, just in case?

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

Reefer Madness

:thumbsup:

Hey! I own that movie!! I keep in my collection, right next to "The Attack of The Killer Tomatoes!" :trumpet:

Seriously, I really do.... :flowers:

"Panic in the Year Zero"
Excellent Cold-War film. DVD comes with Civil Defense Films on how to survive an ataomic attack (hint: pull the drapes)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users