Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Printer Is Best?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ElizP

ElizP

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

I have a second hand Toshiba Satellite Pro 420CDT notebook running windows 95 and am trying to find a compatible Printer - any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:07 PM

Do you have a budget in mind? What are your plans for the printer? Lastly does it need to be portable?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

Be sure to check to ensure that the printer is supported in Windows 95 - and that you've got the proper connections available to connect the printer to the computer (usually an LPT port).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 pcmanoooo

pcmanoooo

• Banned
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

Canon imageCLASS MF4270 laser multifunction printer is quite nice and is compatible with Windows.

#5 Gudzon

Gudzon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:37 PM

ElizP, I suggest you to go through TestFreaks and read reviews of different models of printers:
http://www.testfreaks.com/printers/

Try to filter the results by Popularity or Score and for sure you'll find something interesting.
Hope it will help

#6 pcmanoooo

pcmanoooo

• Banned
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

He need to find something compatible with Windows, not only good.

#7 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:12 PM

Windows 95 isnt going to leave you with very many choices. Nothing new will work with 95 or 98 anymore for that matter.
An older used HP Deskjet will work
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users